Registration is now open for the ISPAH Congress 2018
The 7th International Society for Physical Activity and Health (ISPAH) congress is being held in London on 15 to 17 October 2018, and is now accepting symposia applications, abstracts and financial supporters / exhibitors.
This flagship physical activity and public health congress is being held in London for the first time, co-hosted by Public Health England and Sport England. It will have three main themes:
• Addressing inequalities within and through physical activity
• Evidence into policy and practice to achieve population change
• Physical activity and the wider determinants of health
In the wake of a wealth of new and emerging developments such as new national physical activity guidelines and the World Health Organization's Global Action Plan on Physical Activity, ISPAH 2018 will bring together experts from academia, policy and practice to share learning and discuss 'what next' at this focal point for physical activity and health.
A range of high profile speakers from across disciplines are already confirmed as keynote speakers, including:
• Prof Dame Sally Davies - Chief Medical Officer for England an Chief Medical Advisor to the UK Government
• Prof Fiona Bull - NCD Prevention Program Manager, World Health Organisation
• Prof Ross Brownson - International expert on disease prevention and policy change, Washington University
• Prof Richard Wilkinson - International expert on health inequalities and co-author of The Spirit Level: Why More Equal Societies Almost Always Do Better
Opportunities to be involved in this unique global opportunity:
- Symposium application - Submit a chaired themed discussion session on a particular topic with a number of contributors - closing date 31st January 2018.
- Abstract submission - Share your research, best practice and case studies through an oral or poster session - closing date 16th February 2018.
- Satellite event - Host an event linked to the congress themes that engage the ISPAH congress audience pre or post conference - closing date 31st January 2018.
- Supporter or exhibitor - Be part of the Congress as a financial supporter / exhibitor and take advantage of an event that will enable you to engage over a 1,000 international leaders to raise awareness of your organisation and products.
- Register as a delegate - As per previous ISPAH Congresses delegate places are expected to sell out, so take advantage of the early bird rate by registering as soon as possible.
We look forward to seeing you in London to discuss how we can get more active people for a healthier world!