Cornwall Talented Athletes Scheme
The Cornwall Talented Athletes Scheme (C-TAS) recognises and supports individuals with true sporting talent in Cornwall who are working towards the highest levels of success in their chosen sport.
The scheme offers training memberships to either, one of the GLL Leisure Facilities of the athletes choosing, Carn Brea Leisure Centre or Penzance Leisure Centre.
For additional benefits athletes will be required to apply to the GLL Sport Foundation Programme which opens in December each year. For more information on this please visit www.gllsportfoundation.org
The C-TAS Scheme is a fantastic offer and having this opportunity in Cornwall has been, and still is a huge benefit for our current and potential talented athletes.
Helen Glover MBE quoted "The scheme allowed me access to gyms which meant I never missed any vital training. I've always been very proud to be a Cornish athlete and getting the support from the Cornish Talented Athlete Scheme made me feel supported and backed by the county".
Cassie Patten, Olympic Bronze Medalist and Double World Silver Medalist in Open Water Swimming also quoted "Being a proud Cornish girl, the scheme helped me achieve my potential within my sport. Being a recipient of support from the Cornish Talented Athlete Scheme I was able to train when I was visiting home and felt supported by Cornwall".
We must thank GLL, Carn Brea and Penzance Leisure Centres for this great opportunity.
- FREE access to a number of countywide sports facilities to help support your training needs
- Potential access to support for grant aid
- Increased recognition and profile in the community as an ambassador of the Scheme
- Invitations to local events
- Access to additional benefits
Individuals can apply for a C-TAS training membership if:
- You are achieving consistent results at South West Levels or above
- You are ranked in the top 10 in Great Britain in your sport
- You reside in Cornwall or have a home address in Cornwall
- You are above 12 years of age
- You can supply written evidence of your achievement from your National Governing Body (NGB) of sport
- You are in receipt of Sport England "World Class" "World Class Potential" "World Class Start" support
- You are eligible to receive grant aid from Sport Aid South West
Applications will be reviewed by a C-TAS selection panel - the panel meet on the following set dates:
- Friday 26th April 2019
- Friday 26th July 2019
- Friday 25th October 2019
- Friday 24th January 2020
- Friday 24th April 2020
- Friday 24th July 2020
- Friday 23rd October 2020
- Friday 22nd January 2021
Applications within 2 weeks of each deadline will not be considered.
To apply for a training membership, please carefully check the Eligibility Criteria above, download and complete the below application form and return it, together with a passport size photograph, to:
Cornwall Talented Athletes Scheme
Cornwall Sports Partnership
Old County Hall Site
For further information, contact:
Cornwall Sports Partnership on 01872 323344 or email@example.com
All C-TAS cardholders may be required to attend promotional events for a maximum of three occasions per annum, if requested. Cardholders will be expected to act in a manner that will reflect positively on the image of the county and mention the county favourably during media opportunities. Please note that the scheme is not open to Cornwall Sports Partnership, GLL, Carn Brea Leisure Centre or Parkwood Leisure employees.