Community Lead Officer
T: 01872 323347 / 07966 892 284
What's your role at the CSP?
I am the Community Lead Officer and my role is:
• To deliver a Club Development programme that includes accreditation and general club support.
• To lead and develop sports funding support to clubs and community organisations including delivering the Cornwall Sports Funding Fair event.
• To support and help develop NGBs
• To reward and recognise volunteers through delivering the annual Cornwall Sports Awards event.
• To deliver Get Active events taking sport and physical activity into local communities.
• To ensure that women and girls are given equal opportunities to participate in sport and physical activity, linking with the Sport England This Girl Can campaign.
I also tutor scUK Safeguarding & Protecting Children and NSPCC Time to Listen workshops.
Tell us a little bit about yourself:
I joined the CSP in 2003 working part-time until a full-time position became available in 2008.
I started playing netball at school and have only recently stopped! I played for local clubs and represented Cornwall and the South West Region at junior and senior levels. I continue to be involved as a volunteer, umpiring, coaching, assessing and I Chair the Cornwall Netball Management Board.
What do you like to do outside of work?
Volunteering with netball takes up a lot of my time, but I also regularly take part in yoga and coastal walks.