South West Youth Games - Trustee
ORGANISATION: South West Youth Games Trust
SALARY: Voluntary position
LOCATION: Devon and Cornwall
South West Youth Games Trust is seeking individuals with the skills, knowledge, experience and commitment to join the host of the region's largest community youth sports event for the next phase of the organisation's strategic development.
The successful candidate(s) will be appointed to the South West Youth Games Trust and will sit on the Board of the organisation. We are particularly looking for individuals with passion for young people, sport and physical activity and a willingness to work on a voluntary basis and with specific expertise in marketing, law, finance or compliance and safeguarding.
South West Youth Games Trust was created in 2016, a charity that evolved from the Devon Youth Games, an annual multi-sport Olympic and Paralympic—style event for 8-18 year olds staged annually from 1999 onwards.
Delivering the region's largest annual youth sport community event, the Trust is looking to make an even greater impact on sport and physical activity participation of young people in rural and urban communities across Devon and Cornwall.
The Trust appointed a Chief Executive from November 2017 and is looking to broaden the impact of the organisation. Our mission is to create a happier and healthier South West by delivering inspirational, innovative and accessible sport and physical activity experiences for young people across Devon and Cornwall to broaden regular participation.
The key functions of the role of Trustee
• to participate as a Board Member and to attend monthly meetings:
o to set the vision, mission, strategy and policies of South West Youth Games Trust
o provide oversight of organisational budgets, business plans and workforce of South West Youth Games Trust
• regular reviewing and monitoring progress of organisation's performance against criteria agreed by the Board of operational plans and budgets
o maintaining good working relationships with the public, private partners and other stakeholders of South West Youth Games Trust;
• to bring knowledge, skills and experience from his/her work, and/or relevant qualifications, to the Board's deliberations;
• to attend the Annual General Meetings of the Trust;
• to represent South West Youth Games Trust at official engagements, in public domain or on external committees as required and approved by fellow Trustees
• to participate in regular reviews of the Board's own effectiveness in carrying out their responsibilities and functions.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send your CV and a covering letter outlining your suitability for the role to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 26 January. Should an interview be required, we will hold it in a convenient location close to your home address.