Active Leisure - Development Assistant
Active Leisure Development Assistant
Salary details- £17,891 - £19,238
Job term- Fixed Term
Appointment type- Full Time
Hours- 3 year fixed term contract, 37 hours per week
Closing Date 24 February 2017
Interview date 3 March 2017
Our Vision: Making Teignbridge a healthy and desirable place where people want to live, work and visit.
Our Values: Communicative, Respected, Purposeful Conscientious.
What it's like to work here
With its diverse mix of coast, countryside, seaside resorts, market towns, villages and moorland, Teignbridge is a great place to work and live.
For this role: You will be mostly office based with some business travel. You will be required to work flexibly, including some evenings and weekends.
What you'll be doing
This is an exciting opportunity to join the Active Leisure team as Active Leisure Development Assistant at Teignbridge District Council has become available.
We are looking for a Development Assistant to work with local partners and groups to develop and co-ordinate a programme of sustainable sports, health and well-being activities across Teignbridge. The Development Assistant will also co-ordinate and assist with events, initiatives, funding opportunities and promote health improvement and active lifestyles.
Links to the Health at the Heart and Out and About and Active Teignbridge Ten super project(s) as part of our ten year strategy 2016 - 2025.
Who we're looking for
To be successful in this role, you will need to have experience of working with communities, schools, businesses and funding bodies, as well as excellent communication and organisational skills.
- Local Government Pension Scheme Pension;
- Health at the Heart - Teignbridge District Council's pro-active Wellness Programme including Occupational Health and Counselling Services;
- Discounted gym membership at Teignbridge District Council Leisure Centres;
- On-site Canteen at Forde House campus;
- Annual leave of 22 days plus Statutory Bank Holidays and extra days for long service;
- Flexible working - right to request;
- Cycle Scheme;
- Family friendly benefits such as flexible working and access to childcare vouchers, paid maternity, adoption and paternity leave schemes (where eligible).
Looking after your career
Grow your career through professional learning and development.
We are an Investors in People Gold Award holder.
Important, please also read the job description and person specification to inform your application and supporting statement.
For an informal discussion, please contact Nikki Taylor, Active Leisure Development Officer, on 01626 215611 or email@example.com.
To apply, please initially log into your account and then click on the 'Apply Online' button. If you require any assistance whilst applying online, please call 01392 383000 asking for 'The First Stop Desk'.